Policies » Section J: Students » JLD: Student Guidance And Counseling Program
Policy Date: 10/06/2008Download Policy Now
ASD File: JLD
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING PROGRAM
The School Board is committed to ensuring a high quality school guidance program that is comprehensive, developmentally appropriate, fosters academic achievement and personal growth, and is provided to all District students in an equitable manner.
The program will include the following:
– Distribution of information and support to students and families about academic programming, community supports, and other relevant information.
– Coordination with national standards.
– Prevention, intervention, and crisis response services.
– Promotion of personal, interpersonal, health, academic, and career development for all students through classroom programs and other services.
– All provisions of NH Administrative Rules, Section Ed 306, Minimum Standards for Public School Approval.
It is the policy of this Board that at all grade levels, the school counselor collaborates with parents, students, staff, and community to remove barriers to learning and provide opportunities and supports to empower students to embrace their full potential and achieve their academic and personal aspirations. The guidance counselor is responsible for developing a program or plan that identifies student success in academic performance, social awareness, and career planning.
Legal References: NH Admin Rules, Sec. Ed 306.13, NH Admin Rules, Sec. Ed 306.15(b), NH Admin Rules, Sec. Ed 306.39(c) and 306.39(d),
Adopted: October 6, 2008