Policies » Section E: Support Services » EEAE: School Bus Safety Program
Policy Date: 04/13/2010Download Policy Now
ASD File: EEAE
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL BUS SAFETY PROGRAM
The safety and welfare of student riders will be the first consideration in all matters pertaining to
transportation. Safety precautions will include the following:
1. Students will be instructed as to the proper procedure for boarding and exiting from a school
bus and in appropriate and safe conduct while aboard.
2. Emergency evacuation drills will be conducted at least two times a year, October through
May, to acquaint student riders with procedures in emergency situations.
3. All vehicles used to transport children will be inspected on a regular schedule to see that they
meet safety regulations.
4. All drivers will be screened before employment for physical condition, proper license, and
experience. The prior driving record of each driver will be checked for drug and alcohol or
other convictions and a criminal records check must also be completed.
5. The Board authorizes use of video and/or audio surveillance on school buses to
ensure the health, welfare, and safety of all students while riding on school buses. Use of
such surveillance will be in accordance with Policy ECAF, Audio and Video Surveillance on
The transportation provider will comply with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to
the operation of school buses and will make these requirements known to bus drivers. It will also
cooperate with local safety officials in formulating and accomplishing its school bus safety program.
Legal Reference: RSA 189:6a
Adopted: April 11, 2000
Reviewed: May 8, 2007
Revised: April 13, 2010