Policies » Section J: Students » JICDD: Out-Of-School Actions
Policy Date: 12/10/2019Download Policy Now
ASD File: JICDD
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
STUDENT DISCIPLINE/OUT-OF-SCHOOL ACTIONS
The Board recognizes that out-of-school and off-campus student conduct is not normally the concern of the Board. However, the Board also recognizes that some out-of-school or off-campus conduct may have an adverse effect upon the school, school property, or school staff.
Therefore, it shall be the policy of this Board that the Board or school administrators may impose disciplinary measures against students for some out-of-school or off-campus conduct.
Discipline may be imposed if, in Principal’s opinion, such out-of-school conduct causes a significant disruption or substantial interference with the school’s educational mission, purpose, or objectives. Additionally, any off-campus or out-of-school behavior that has a strong potential to disrupt normal school operations may also be met with appropriate disciplinary actions by the Board or school administrators.
Out-of-school and off-campus student conduct that may subject a student to discipline includes, but is not limited to:
1. Damaging school property;
2. Violence at or near the school’s bus stop, either before or after the school day;
3. Drinking alcohol, using tobacco products, or using illegal drugs at or near the school bus stop, either before or after the school day;
4. Damaging the private property of school staff or employees; or
5. Any other activity the Board or administration determines impedes the general welfare of
Cyber-Bullying and Internet Threats
Reports and/or allegations of cyber-bullying will be addressed in accordance with the provisions of Board policy JICK.
Adopted: April 10, 2001
Revised: November 9, 2010
Reviewed: December 10, 2019