Policies » Section K: School/Community - Home Relations » KF-A: Guidelines For Extended Use of School Facilities
Policy Date: 04/14/2009Download Policy Now
ASD File: KF-A
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
GUIDELINES FOR EXTENDED USE OF SCHOOL FACILITIES
(Sunday evenings only)
In order to provide additional community access to the Auburn Village School gymnasium, the Auburn School Board will grant Sunday evening use of the school facility, under the following procedures and conditions, which would be outlined in an agreement:
1. The privilege is limited to two Auburn community organizations for the pilot year.
2. A representative of each community organization completes a training session regarding the use of the security system at AVS. This representative must then be present during the entire Sunday evening use. This responsibility cannot be delegated to other members of the community organization unless they have completed the training session prior to being given this responsibility. In the event that an unauthorized person causes the security system to activate a penalty fee of up to $100.00 (on a case by case basis) may be charged. This fee must be paid prior to the next Sunday use.
3. The school facility is closed and secured no later than 9:00 PM.
4. Direct adult supervision of children is provided at all times and responsibility for any damages will be assumed by the community organization.
5. Agree that no unauthorized third party is granted use of the facility.
6. Provide required number of chaperones for children (one adult per 25 or less).
7. Ensure that the organization is usage restricted to the assigned area.
8. Guarantee that activities shall be orderly and lawful and not of a nature to incite others to disorder.
9. Prohibit smoking and ensure that alcoholic beverages are not served or consumed.
10. Leave the building in a neat and orderly condition. Should the using organization leave the premises, which includes the gymnasium, lobby, and restrooms, in a manner unacceptable to the Principal, the using organization shall be charged for additional cleaning that has to be done and should they not pay the bill promptly (within 30 days), said organization shall not be allowed to use the facilities until payment is made.
11. Organizations will accept full financial and legal responsibility for any and all damages and/or claims of damages resulting from the use of the facilities. Organizations shall provide copies of certificate of liability insurance prior to finalization of the pilot agreement.
Adopted: June 19, 2002
Revised: April 14, 2009