Policies » Section K: School/Community - Home Relations » KHB: Advertising In The School
Policy Date: 10/06/2003Download Policy Now
ASD File: KHB
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
ADVERTISING IN THE SCHOOLS
Neither the facilities, the name, the staff, nor the children of the school, school system, nor any part thereof shall be employed in any manner for advertising or otherwise promoting the interests of any commercial or other non-school agency or organization except that:
1. The school may cooperate in furthering the work of any non-profit, community-wide social service agency, provided that such cooperation does not restrict or impair the educational program of the school.
2. The school may use films or other educational materials bearing only simple mention of the producing or sponsoring firm.
3. The school may participate in radio or television programs under acceptable commercial sponsorship when such participation is supplementary or beneficial to the program of the school.
4. The Superintendent or his/her designee may, at his/her discretion, announce or authorize any lecture or other community activity of particular educational merit.
5. The school may, upon approval of the Superintendent or designee, cooperate with any governmental agency in promoting activities in the general public interest which are non-partisan and non-controversial and which promotes the education or other best interests of the pupils.
6. School publications may accept and publish paid advertising under established procedures.
7. The use of the school marquee will be granted to organizations on the following priority basis (no fees to be assessed):
A. School Organizations: those which are recognized by the school board as directly related to school activities.
B. Government Organizations: those agencies which are authorized under the laws of the United States, the State of New Hampshire, the county of Rockingham, the Auburn School District, or the town of Auburn.
C. Non-profit Organizations: those that are social, service, fraternal, or religious in nature and serve the community on a non-profit basis. Youth organizations will receive priority in this section.
D. Private Groups or Organizations
The Auburn School Board reserves the right to limit the length of time any one message is up on the marquee in order to meet a variety of organizational needs in a timely manner.
Promotional literature will not be distributed through the school except for recognized educational and youth-oriented organizations. The Auburn School Board may reserve the right to grant exceptions.
Adopted: January 11, 1989
Adopted: June 12, 2001
Adopted: October 6, 2003