Policies » Section J: Students » : Non-Resident Student Enrollment for Children of Staff Members Policy
Policy Date: 11/14/2023Download Policy Now
AUBURN SCHOOL DISTRICT
NON-RESIDENT STUDENT ENROLLMENT
FOR CHILDREN OF STAFF MEMBERS POLICY
For purposes of this Policy, non-resident staff is defined as staff who do not reside in
Auburn. If space is available (Grades K-8), non-resident staff may apply for their children to
attend Auburn schools in grades K-8 only without paying tuition, subject to the following
1. Non-resident staff must submit a request to the Auburn School Board prior to the start of
the school year (no later than July 15).
2. Non-resident staff must contact their school district of residence to notify them of the
request to have their child enrolled in Auburn Schools if granted permission from the Auburn
3. The School Board shall only approve attendance for one school year at a time. The non-
resident parent must reapply to the Auburn School Board each year prior to the start of each
school year (no later than July 15), if they seek to re-enroll their child in Auburn for another
4. Non-resident staff must be employed by the Auburn School District throughout the time
that their children are enrolled in Auburn schools. The student’s tuition free attendance in
Auburn schools shall terminate as soon as their parent, for any reason, is no longer employed by
the Auburn School District. If, however, the student remains enrolled in the school after their
parent is no longer employed, the parent will be responsible to pay Auburn for the pro-rated
tuition costs for the period of time the student remains enrolled in Auburn.
5. Parents are responsible for all transportation.
6. For special education students with a legal residence in New Hampshire, the district of
residence shall be responsible for all special education costs as provided in RSA 193:3, IV and
RSA 186-C:13, IV. Parents will notify the student’s district of residence immediately upon
applying for acceptance at Auburn School District, and the district of residence shall acknowledge
its responsibility to pay special education costs before the student is enrolled in Auburn.
7. For special education students whose legal residence is not in New Hampshire, the
district of residence shall agree, in writing, to reimburse Auburn School District for all special
education costs before the student is enrolled in Auburn. It is the responsibility of the parents to
obtain this agreement from the student’s district of residence.
8. The student will be subject to the same rules and discipline process as other students
attending Auburn schools. If discipline becomes detrimental to the education of others, the
students’ re-enrollment may not be granted at the discretion of the Board.